About the role
Started since 2007, VNLIFE is a diverse ecosystem of leading companies driving transformations in both traditional and growing demand sectors in the economy such as tourism, logistics, commerce, and constantly expanding its presence beyond Vietnam to Singapore, Myanmar and Cambodia.
Our Singapore-based engineering team plays a key role in the VNLife ecosystem. We are the senior architects and managers that drive success wherever we are needed, sometimes as strong ICs delivering cutting edge technical solutions and sometimes as senior managers pushing cultural change and mentoring the next generation of technical leaders.
We have an urgent need for strong technical leads to help build state-of-the-art retail platform solutions that function across online and offline sales channels, even under extreme circumstances such as loss of internet connectivity, deploying on cloud and on premise, requiring high availability and security for every transaction. Depending on your experience, this can mean being a strong IC and providing technical guidance on major system designs or being a technical lead that runs one or multiple teams to ensure best practices and a positive, healthy culture.
Given the nature of the role, as an employee of the holding company, you will also have the opportunity to transition to other subsidiaries depending on where you can bring the most value. Expect to greatly impact multiple businesses within the VNLife ecosystem during your tenure with us and lead the charge into Vietnam’s digital future.
- Set up/ participate/ improve the whole lifecycle of retail backend services - order management, cart management, inventory, warehousing, etc..
- Mentor junior engineers in engineering best practices, including coding standards, design documents, post mortems, testing, etc.
- Provide technical direction / lead teams based in different locations, e.g.: Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh, Singapore
Minimum qualification (Exact responsibilities vary with levels)
- Demonstrated impact at scale, via some combination of:
- Experience leading team(s) to successfully drive substantial business impact
- Experience architecting and delivering on multi-system/cross-team technical solutions with tangible positive impact.
- Experience initiating and driving technical direction
- Experience translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Production coding experience (e.g., C++, Python, Java)
- Concise and effective communication
- Degrees in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience researching or working in retail or e-commerce, financial or payment services, telecommunications, POS, social networks, travels, or other businesses within the VNLife ecosystem.
- Experience transitioning an engineering culture from the startup mentality of ‘move fast and break things’ to a mature business emphasizing scalability and stability.
- Experience coaching promising senior developers into becoming strong technical leaders that can deliver multi-system/cross-team projects effectively.
- Experience working remotely. Expect to work closely with engineers in Vietnam. You will not be required to travel, but many find it useful.