About the role
Started since 2007, VNLIFE is a diverse ecosystem of leading companies driving transformations in both traditional and growing demand sectors in the economy such as tourism, logistics, commerce, and constantly expanding its presence beyond Vietnam to Singapore, Myanmar and Cambodia.
Our Singapore-based engineering team plays a key role in the VNLife ecosystem. We are the senior architects and managers that drive success wherever we are needed, sometimes as strong ICs delivering cutting edge technical solutions and sometimes as senior managers pushing cultural change and mentoring the next generation of technical leaders.
We have an urgent need for SRE Leads to help build our SRE function across Singapore and Vietnam. While your initial focus will be on our omni-channel retail systems, our SRE team functions across the entire VNLife ecosystem, which also includes payments, travel, banking, etc. As an SRE Lead, you will be responsible for establishing reliability goals, processes and best practices as well as leading team members in Singapore and Vietnam to implement tools/frameworks/platforms to achieve these goals. This is a chance for a seasoned SRE professional to grow the SRE function from ground zero for a major tech conglomerate.
- Set the goals and establish a roadmap for the SRE team
- Grow senior engineers into strong technical leaders.
- Mentor junior engineers in engineering best practices, including coding standards, design documents, post mortems, testing, etc.
- Lead teams based in different locations, e.g.: Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh, Singapore.
Minimum qualification (Exact responsibilities vary with levels)
- Demonstrated impact at scale, via some combination of:
- Experience leading team(s) to successfully drive substantial business impact
- Experience growing a team both via strong technical leadership and mentorship
- Experience coaching junior team members into becoming strong leaders that can deliver large-scale projects effectively.
- Production coding and service operation experience (e.g., C++, Python, Java)
- Concise and effective communication
- Degrees in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in retail or e-commerce, financial or payment services, telecommunications, POS, social networks, travels, or other businesses within the VNLife ecosystem.
- Experience building SRE functions from ground zero.
- Experience operating in an engineering culture that is transitioning from the startup mentality of ‘move fast and break things’ to a mature business emphasizing scalability and stability.
- Experience working remotely. Expect to work closely with engineers in Vietnam. You will not be required to travel, but many find it useful.