About the role
Started since 2007, VNLIFE is a diverse ecosystem of leading companies driving transformations in both traditional and growing demand sectors in the economy such as tourism, logistics, commerce, and constantly expanding its presence beyond Vietnam to Singapore, Myanmar and Cambodia. Our Singapore-based engineering team plays a key role in the VNLife ecosystem. We are the senior architects and managers that drive success wherever we are needed, sometimes as strong ICs delivering cutting edge technical solutions and sometimes as senior managers pushing cultural change and mentoring the next generation of technical leaders.
We have an urgent need for a Head of Product for our Omni-channel Retail & Distribution SAAS solution. Our clients are medium to large enterprises owning large retail presence and manufacturers wanting to go directly to consumers. As Head of Product, you will work closely with our co-founder who is currently serving in this capacity. You will be responsible for the entire product organization and drive all aspects of product strategy as we scale out the business in Vietnam and beyond. You will develop and drive the product roadmap based on your deep understanding of the relevant retail & distribution markets with insights from our Sales teams on the ground and partner with our Engineering and Data Science teams to deliver on these goals. This is a chance for a seasoned Product leader to leverage the resources of one of Asia’s premiere unicorns to build the next billion dollar omni-channel retail business in Asia.
- Owning and leading the product organization and driving all aspects of product strategy
- Enforcing best practices in product development and project management to ensure timely delivery of critical features
- Bridge the gap between the Sales teams and Engineering teams by translating market-driven business needs into a prioritized roadmap of products / features development
- Grow the product organization (currently 10-20) with a combination of mentorship of junior members and recruitment of strong outside talents.
- Be a thought leader and drive impact throughout the enterprise.
- Lead teams based in different locations, e.g.: Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh, Singapore.
Minimum qualification (Exact responsibilities vary with levels)
- Experience working with retail / ecommerce or distribution management required
- Demonstrated impact at scale, via some combination of:
- Experience leading team(s) to successfully drive substantial business impact
- Experience growing a team both via strong leadership and mentorship
- Experience coaching junior team members into becoming strong leaders that can deliver large-scale projects effectively.
- Experience building and managing a product from inception to launch
- Concise and effective communication
- Deep understanding of the intricacies of SEA’s online/offline retail market (especially Vietnam’s).
- Êxperience with supply chain logistics or last mile delivery
- Experience building product organization from the ground up.
- Experience operating in a culture that is transitioning from the startup mentality of ‘move fast and break things’ to a mature business emphasizing scalability and stability.
- Experience working remotely. Expect to work closely with teams in Vietnam.